Avoid 'Travel' Weight
Vacation should be an opportunity to rest and relax. Getting caught up in the tranquility of vacation often means an extra cocktail at dinner and a dessert with every meal. Along with living this "good life" for a week, an effort to do absolutely nothing is usually made, resulting in bringing back a few more pounds than you left home with.
The celebrity fitness experts at Health LA have put together a few simple tips to keep you prepared to stay trim during your next trip!
- Pack healthy snacks for your flight or road trip to avoid processed and over priced foods. (save a few bucks too!)
- Avoid eating out of boredom, i.e, waiting for a delayed flight or layover
- Order simple entrees, such as baked or grilled meats and fish. It is important to know what goes into each meal and how it is prepared, in order to avoid extra empty calories
- ALCOHOL! Usually the biggest culprit in weight gain on vacation!
- Opt for lower-calorie choices such as light beer, spritzers, champagne/wine, or spirits mixed with water.
With these tips you can relax and enjoy vacation, without returning with the extra baggage!