So as usual, my plans seemed to have fallen through, and this time I honestly think it was karma or just people hating. I was supposed to go to Venezuela for Christmas for 2 weeks and visit my father and finally have Marvin meet my father. But plans fell through, tickets were never purchased and now the tickets are at a price that are ridiculous! Marvin's ticket from Boston to CCS to ORD is coming out to be about $1700 and mine is about $1500. With the purchase of a new home, grad school, and many other things....I don't think it is a smart choice to spend close to $4k in airfare to go to a third world country, maybe to Egypt or China or South Africa. Sorry Venezuela, you lost this battle.
So now here I am contemplating where to go for the holidays since my entire family is going to be in Venezuela for Christmas and I honestly don't want to stay in Chicago for Christmas. So here are my back up plans which I am not sure yet:
- Fly to Boston for Christmas and stay there for a couple of days
- Then head to NYC and stay there for two days: except hotels around that time of the year are RIDICULOUS
- Then head down to DC and spend NYE there with my cousin Erika and then finally meet Marvin's best friend
- And finally head home after a two weeks of being in the east coast
My plan B to that plan is to go everywhere but NYC and my plan C to that is to just go to LA only IF my brother decides not to go to Venezuela for the holidays.
Sad this is what I am going to miss from not going to Venezuela in December:
|Brownie, my dad's spoiled golden retriever!|
|My dad (left) and his family|
|My mom's family with my dad and I|
|My best friend/sister Luisana and her annoying pooch (see below)|
|Polo-the annoying pooch|
I guess i'll just have to wait for a couple of months until I can get to see my family in Venezuela.