‘Tis the season for holiday travel! AAA just reported that this year could be the busiest in the last six, with predictions that 93.3 million Americans will hit the road. With the madness of this holiday travel season, EmergencyLink wanted to share the top 5 must-have apps to seamlessly survive all avenues of your travels:
- Know your surroundings: WeatherBug: Winter traveling can be unpredictable across the country, so it’s a good idea to add an app like WeatherBug, which contains one of the largest networks of real-time weather sensors for forecasts.
- Pit stops: Gas Buddy: Heavy traffic is a given this holiday season, so make sure you have an app to help you find the nearest gas station with the cheapest gas prices.
- Keep a roof over your head: Hotel Tonight: It’s always a good idea to be prepared to book a last minute hotel room when you’re traveling. This app let’s you easily find rooms with discounts up to 70% off.
- Airport mania: GateGuru: Eliminate some of the stress of flying. With GateGuru, you can track delays or changes, find food, ground transportation locations, Wi-Fi zones, your gate, restrooms, etc.
- Anything can happen: EmergencyLink: The first emergency ID network and mobile app will help you stay worry-free while traveling over the holidays. You can store and share emergency contacts and medical information (medications), important documents (like a scan of your passport’ driver’s license) and other personal details all in one, easily accessible place.