I have the pleasure of growing up in a household with a Spanish father who loved to cook. He would prepare some of the most amazing Spanish and Venezuelan dishes, actually he still does! One thing I have to be thankful for in life is having a father who loved to cook because he taught me so many tricks in the kitchen to cut cost, time and enjoy a delicious meal.
There are way too many recipes that I love, but one meal my dad would make is chicken kabobs with a light salad and a little rice (yes, very Latino of us to have white rice with our dish!). Here is an easy and great recipe I just received from the folks at Iberia Olive Oil (which if you haven't tried it you have to, it is delicious and it is now a staple in my kitchen) which is very similar to my father's recipe (sorry can't share his recipe like typical Latino traditions, sharing recipes is sacred)
Chicken Kabobs courtesy of Iberia
· 2 large chicken breasts
· 3 large zucchinis cut into large rounds
· 3 red peppers
· 12 cherry tomatoes
· 2 cups of Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil
· 1 tbsp. basil
· Salt to taste
· 8 bamboo skewers
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the chicken breasts in large squares and then insert in the bamboo skewers alternating the zucchinis and red pepper.
2. Using the remaining bamboo skewers, make vegetarian kabobs with the cherry tomatoes, zucchini and red pepper, adding salt and Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Place them in the oven and cook for 30 minutes.
3. Lastly, drizzle some more Iberia Olive Oil on them and enjoy! It’s a spectacular presentation with great flavor!
Iberia Extra Virgin Olive Oil is made from hand-selected and harvested olives processed in Spain and provides the rich aroma and flavor of quality, Spanish olives. Olive oil has been linked to heart health and longevity and eating about two tablespoons of olive oil daily may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease due to the monosaturated fat in olive oil. So…drizzle this healthy, great tasting olive oil on your salad, pasta, fish, meat, and more for a delicious taste! Available at select retailers including Walmart. Visit www.IberiaFoods.com for more information.